Monday, March 18, 2019

Google + is ending and so is my pre-clinical training


I have gotten warning emails at regularly spaced intervals over the past few months that Google is getting rid of their "+" platform. I honestly never got what it was to begin with, but I think it's convolutedly linked to this blog platform and so all of the sudden I care. If I spent time reading what the upcoming phase-out actually consisted of, maybe I wouldn't be so concerned, but right now it feels like Carly's Bananas is having its own Y2K moment: will it end or not?! The date of potential ending is April 1st. And, let me be clear, I know it won't be forever ending, I just think I might have to do some messing around to get it back up and have the formatting be as ~perfect~ as it always is.

Coincidently, April 1st is the day my life as I know also changes. I go from being a coffee sipping, always scrambling, laying-around studying pre-clinical student, to a coffee guzzling, uber professional, super competent clinical PA student. The second half of my training is me being full time in a hospital or clinic, putting all this classroom knowledge to use on real human being lives. I have no choice but to be excited, I've come to realize there is absolutely zero space in life for any other feeling but that when it comes to big changes and challenges up ahead. I know I will be overwhelmed, and confused, and feel so SO so dumb sometimes. I am preparing for it, but I'm not dwelling on it. Because everyone starts somewhere, and when I stop berating myself for enough time to look around, I realize my starting place is pretty good.

So come April 1st, everything may be a little funky. This blog may be lights out, or it may be fully functional. Same goes with me. We'll all just have to wait and see (and pray!) together.

As seen on bike ride to school. Gone are days of showing up to class in exercise leggings and running shoes :( 

As seen in Palo Alto Jamba Juice- Thanks Mackenzie!
Look past the illusions for an artistic banana! Thanks Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment